by Jessica Park
Publication Date: July 27, 2011
Flat-Out Love is a warm and witty novel of family love and dysfunction, deep heartache and raw vulnerability, with a bit of mystery and one whopping, knock-you-to-your-knees romance. Something is seriously off in the Watkins home. And Julie Seagle, college freshman, small-town Ohio transplant, and the newest resident of this Boston house, is determined to get to the bottom of it. When Julie's off-campus housing falls through, her mother's old college roommate, Erin Watkins, invites her to move in. The parents, Erin and Roger, are welcoming, but emotionally distant and academically driven to eccentric extremes. The middle child, Matt, is an MIT tech geek with a sweet side ... and the social skills of a spool of USB cable. The youngest, Celeste, is a frighteningly bright but freakishly fastidious 13-year-old who hauls around a life-sized cardboard cutout of her oldest brother almost everywhere she goes. And there's that oldest brother, Finn: funny, gorgeous, smart, sensitive, almost emotionally available. Geographically? Definitely unavailable. That's because Finn is traveling the world and surfacing only for random Facebook chats, e-mails, and status updates. Before long, through late-night exchanges of disembodied text, he begins to stir something tender and silly and maybe even a little bit sexy in Julie's suddenly lonesome soul. To Julie, the emotionally scrambled members of the Watkins family add up to something that ... well ... doesn't quite add up. Not until she forces a buried secret to the surface, eliciting a dramatic confrontation that threatens to tear the fragile Watkins family apart, does she get her answer. Flat-Out Love comes complete with emails, Facebook status updates, and instant messages.
- Tour Dates: October 3 - October 17
- Update 8/10: Due to the immense response to this tour, we will be extending the tour to October 24 for anyone else interested in joining. Currently all dates from 10/3-10/17 are taken, so if you want to sign up, please choose a date from Oct. 18-24.
- Tour signups will close on August 15.
- This book will be available in
PRINT (10 copies), KINDLE (10 copies) and PDF formats (new!).
- Update 8/10: Print copies are all taken. There are still Kindle and PDF copies available.
- To sign-up - please leave a comment with your name, e-mail address, blog name, format preference (print/kindle/PDF), and the date you would like to post your review (check calendar below - first come, first-serve. Please click the arrow to move over to the correct month as it is set to August automatically).
- This tour is open to USA book bloggers (print & Kindle) and International book bloggers (PDF).
10/3/2011 - Practical Frugality - http://practicalfrugality.
10/4/2011 - Colloquium - http://www.jhsiess.com
10/5/2011 - Reader Girls - http://readergirls.blogspot.
10/6/2011 - Kritter's Ramblings - http://www.krittersramblings.
10/7/2011 - Reviews by Molly - http://reviewsbymolly.
10/8/2011 - Laurie Here Reading and Writing Reviews - http://www.lauriehere.
10/9/2011 - WV Stitcher - http://kittycrochettwo.
10/10/2011 - A Bookish Affair - http://abookishaffair.
10/11/2011 - the bookish mama - http://iam-bookish.blogspot.
10/12/2011 - Books in the Burbs - http://www.booksintheburbs.com
10/13/2011 - The Many Thoughts of a Reader - http://hotpinkvixen.blogspot.
10/14/2011 - Proud Book Nerd - http://www.proudbooknerd.com/
10/16/2011 - StephTheBookworm - http://stephthebookworm.
10/17/2011 - A Cozy Reader's Corner - http://acozyreaderscorner.
10/18/2011 - Authors Book Corner - http://www.AuthorsBookCorner.
10/19/2011 - Amusing Reviews - http://amusingreviews.