ANNOUNCEMENTS

We have added two volunteers to the site - Heather and Tiffany! Thanks for your dedication to the site, ladies! We appreciate your help!

We are happy to announce that we have brought linkys back to the tours. Instead of posting your links to your reviews in the comments, please use the linky for the specific tour (when available). We are in the process of adding these to all tours (except closed ones), so if there isn't a linky, then please do use the comments to link your review. Thanks!




Monday, September 26, 2011

Nov/Dec Tour: Jane Was Here by Sarah Kernochan (LIMITED COPIES - International Tour)

Jane Was Here
by Sara Kernochan
Publication Date:  June 2011
Grey Swan Press

A mysterious young woman called Jane appears in a small New England town. She claims a fragmentary memory of growing up in this place, yet she has never been here before in her life. Searching for an explanation, she arrives at the unthinkable: that she is somehow connected to a beautiful girl who disappeared from the town in 1853. Is she recalling a past life? Jane becomes convinced of it. As she presses onward to find out what happened in this town over 150 years ago, strange and alarming things begin happening to some of the town's inhabitants. A thunderhead of karmic justice gathers over the village as Jane's memories reawaken piece by piece. They carry her back in time to a long-buried secret, while the townspeople hurtle forward to a horrific event when past and present fatally collide.

A little bit about Sarah Kernochan:

Sarah Kernochan received early acclaim for her Academy Award winning documentary Marjoe. She then recorded two albums for RCA as a singer-songwriter. In 1977, her first novel Dry Hustle was published. Returning to film, she scripted the the film Nine and ½ Weeks, Impromptu, Sommersby, What Lies Beneath and All I Wanna Do, which she also directed. She received a second Academy Award in 2002 for her short documentary Thoth. 2010 brought the re-issue of Dry Hustle as an ebook, and a third album of songs. 2011 brings us to Jane Was Here; Sarah’s first love and teenage ambition – a novel about reincarnation.

NOTE:  We have limited PRINT and EBOOK copies available for this tour.  If more bloggers signup than we have copies available, we will put everyone's name into a randomizer to determine who will be on the tour.  It is very important that you indicate if you must have PRINT or EBOOK.  If you can do EITHER, please let us know that as well.  Since we have limited tours open to international bloggers, I would prefer to leave the ebook copies to those bloggers, if at all possible.  I will post a calendar once we know WHO will be on the tour. 

  • Tour Dates:  December 12 - December 26
  • Tour signups will close on September 30
  • This book will be available in both PRINT and EBOOK formats.
  • To sign-up - please leave a comment with your name, e-mail address, blog name, and format preference (print/ebook).  
  • This tour is open to USA bloggers (print) and international bloggers (ebook only).   
  • If you haven't already done so, please be sure if you have filled out the BLOGGER SIGN-UP form (only needs to be filled out once, unless you have an address change)


Participating Bloggers
12/11/2011  --  Psychotic State Book Reviews
12/12/2011  --  Mental Foodie
12/13/2011  --  Tiffany's Bookshelf
12/14/2011  --  Book of Secrets
12/15/2011  --  Endlessly Bookish
12/16/2011  --  Sinnful Books
12/18/2011  --  Proud Book Nerd
12/19/2011  --  True Book Addict/Castle Macabre
12/21/2011  --  WV Stitcher
12/23/2011  --  Reader Girls

Reviews

27 comments:

Lori Johnston said...

I would love to read and review this, Jennifer. It looks great!

~ Lori
Psychotic State Book Reviews

christa @ mental foodie said...

your name - Christa @ mental foodie
e-mail address - cytljjb @ gmail com
blog name - http://mentalfoodie.blogspot.com/
format preference - print please

Gwenyth Love said...

Gwenyth Love
gwenythlove@gmail.com
Rants~N~Scribbles
I would prefer a print copy if available to Canada.

Thanks this sounds really interesting!

BrendaC said...

Brenda @ WV Stitcher
kittycrochettwo@msn.com
WV Stitcher @ kittycrochettwo.blogspot.com
I would prefer a print copy please and would like to post on Dec. 5th or 6th.

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

Michelle @ The True Book Addict
truebookaddict@gmail.com
If possible, I would like to review this on my new horror blog, Castle Macabre. http://castlemacabre.blogspot.com/ The True Book Addict is focusing more on historical fiction and literary books.
print copy please
If I get picked to review, can you put me down for December 12?

Thanks, ladies! I love how you're doing the tours now. =O)

Unknown said...

Tiffany @ A Cozy Readers Corner
www.acozyreaderscorner.com
acozyreaderscorner@gmail.com
PRINT - Dec 1-5 any date works

None said...

This book sounds great!
Nimue @ Endlessly Bookish
http://endlesslybookish.blogspot.com/
endlessly.bookish (at) gmail.com
International blogger: ebook

Thanks for this opportunity

sinn said...

Gabrielle (aka Sinn) @ Sinnful Books
http://sinnfulbooks.blogspot.com
sinnfulbooks@ironpixie.net
PRINT -- Dec 9

Book of Secrets said...

I'd love to be a part of this book tour.

Name: Diana @ Book of Secrets
E-mail: bookofsecrets(at)yahoo(dot)com
Website: www.bookofsecretsblog.com
Format: Either - I'm in the US, so I'd be happy to have a print copy.
Dates: I could do any Saturday or Sunday during the tour. I have other dates open as well.

Thank you!

Tracee said...

Name: Tracee @ Review From Here
Email - tgleichner(at)gmail.com
Website - http://reviewfromhere.com
Print copy would be great
Any date is fine with me

A Musing Mother said...

Nancy @ amusing reviews. Either but prefer hard copy. Ntaylor228 at yahoo dot com

ham1299 said...

This sounds good.

Heather @ Proud Book Nerd

proudbooknerd(at)gmail(dot)com

Either format is fine.

StephTheBookworm said...

I would like to do this one if there are any openings left.

stephaniet117 at yahoo dot com

Print, please.

Laurie T said...

I'd like to join this tour. Nov. 30th or Dec. 8 are open.

I'd prefer ebook (but if they're needed, I'll take print).

thanks.

Laurie
readergirls(at)gmail(dot)com

ok said...

Tiffany
PA
tiffanyniekro at gmail dot com
either print or ebook

Unknown said...

Booo I missed this one! Are you still looking for reviewers?

None said...

Thanks for picking me :)
I would like the to post my review Dec. 15th

Thanks Nimue

Book of Secrets said...

I will take Wednesday, Dec. 14th.

Thanks!
Diana @ Book of Secrets
bookofsecrets(at)yahoo(dot)com

Lori Johnston said...

Yay!

I would like to take December 11.

Lori
Psychotic State Book Reviews
psychoticbooks@yahoo.com

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

I would like December 9th. Also, I will be posting my review on my horror review blog, Castle Macabre (http://castlemacabre.blogspot.com)

Thanks!

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

Oops, just noticed in the email that the dates were changed! Okay, I would like December 19th.

thanks again!

sinn said...

Just got the e-mail, I would like to take December 8th! Thanks!

Sinnful Books

sinn said...

Oops, I did the same thing!! I didn't notice the date change! Please sign me up for the 16th :)

ham1299 said...

I would like December 18, please.

christa @ mental foodie said...

I'd take 12/12.

Laurie T said...

I'll take Dec. 23. Thanks.

BrendaC said...

I will take Dec. 21st. Thanks so much.

Post a Comment

Joining a tour? Please make sure you completed the Blogger Signup form and read all the rules!