by Jodi Picoult
Publication Date: March 2012
(from the author's website)
Edward Warren, 23, has been living in Thailand for five years, a prodigal son who left his family after an irreparable fight with his father, Luke. But he gets a frantic phone call: His dad lies comatose in a NH hospital, gravely injured in the same accident that has also injured his younger sister Cara.
Cara, 17, stll holds a grudge against her brother, since his departure led to her parents’ divorce. In the aftermath, she’s lived with her father – an animal conservationist who became famous after living with a wild wolf pack in the Canadian wild. It is impossible for her to reconcile the still, broken man in the hospital bed with her vibrant, dynamic father.
With Luke’s chances for recovery dwindling, Cara wants to wait for a miracle. But Edward wants to terminate life support and donate his father’s organs. Is he motivated by altruism, or revenge? And to what lengths will his sister go to stop him from making an irrevocable decision?
LONE WOLF looks at the intersection between medical science and moral choices. If we can keep people who have no hope for recovery alive artificially, should they also be allowed to die artificially? Does the potential to save someone else’s life with a donated organ balance the act of hastening another’s death? And finally, when a father’s life hangs in the balance, which sibling should get to decide his fate?
- Tour Dates: March 1 - 14, 2012
- Tour signups will close on December 15
- This book will be available in PRINT format only (10 copies).
- To sign-up - please leave a comment with your name, e-mail address, blog name, and the date you would like to post your review (check calendar below - first come, first-serve. Please click the arrow to move over to the correct month as it is set to the current month automatically).
- This tour is open to USA bloggers only.
- There are only 10 copies of this book available so please only sign-up if you can commit to touring in March. Books will not be shipped until February, so there may not be much time to read and review the book.
- If more than 10 bloggers sign-up, we will randomly draw names to select who participates. You should still select a date for your review (even if it's already taken). We can adjust later as needed.
1 - Lisa - Casual Reader's Blog
2 - Andrea - So Many Books, So Little Time
5 - JHS - Colloquium
6 - Kristin - Kritter's Ramblings
7 - Jasmine - Bookish Mama
8 - Tiffany - A Cozy Reader's Corner
9 - Cheryl - Sherri's Reading Jubilee
10 - Heather - Proud Book Nerd
13 - Karen - Practical Frugality
14 - Lisa - Books In The Burbs