by Peter Golden
Publication Date: April 2012
Washington Square Press/Atria Books
A debut novel about a man and his romantic quest to find the woman he loved and lost years before.
Like Nicholas Sparks and Robert James Waller, first-time novelist Peter Golden knows how to write the kind of nostalgic fiction that men and women alike fall for. In Comeback Love, a universal story about lost love, he offers an evocative debut that begins in the tumultuous 1960s and ends in the feverish thrill of present-day New York City.
Over thirty-five years ago, Gordon Meyers, an aspiring writer with a low number in the draft lottery, packed his belongings and reluctantly drove away, leaving Glenna Rising, the sexy, sharp-witted med student he couldn’t imagine living without.
Now, decades later, Gordon is a former globetrotting consultant with a grown son, an ex-wife, and an overwhelming desire to see Glenna again. Stunned when Gordon walks into her Manhattan office, Glenna agrees to accompany him for a drink. As the two head out into the snow-swept city, they become caught up in the passions that drew them together before tearing them apart. And as the evening unfolds, Gordon finally reveals the true reason for his return.
Comeback Love is a bracing journey into the hearts of two lovers who came of age in the 1960s. Plumbing the depths of youth, regret, and desire, Peter Golden deftly illuminates the bonds that mysteriously endure in the face of momentous change.
- Tour Dates: April 2 - April 23, 2012
- Tour signups will close on January 3, 2012
- This book will be available in PRINT and EBOOK (via Netgalley) formats.
- To sign-up - please leave a comment with your name, e-mail address, blog name, format preference, and the date you would like to post your review (check calendar below - first come, first-serve. If a date is already taken, you must pick a different date. Please click the arrow to move over to the correct month as it is set to the current month automatically).
- This tour is open to USA and CANADA bloggers (print) and anyone worldwide who has access to Netgalley titles.
- The author is available for interviews also. Please indicate in your comment if you would love to interview the author in conjunction with your review.
3 - Kritters Ramblings
6 - Psychotic State
9 - Book Bags and Cat Naps
10 - A Casual Reader's Blog
11 - BookSpark
12 - Practical Frugality
13 - Reflections with Coffee
16 - Colloquium
17 - The Bookish Mama
18 - Books in the Burbs
19 - Seaside Book Nook; Alexa Loves Books
20 - Laurie Here Reading and Writing Reviews
23 - CelticLady's Reviews