by Marilyn Brant
Publication Date: November 2011
On her thirtieth birthday, Gwendolyn Reese receives an unexpected present from her widowed Aunt Bea: a grand tour of Europe in the company of Bea's Sudoku and Mah-jongg Club. The prospect isn't entirely appealing. But when the gift she is expecting - an engagement ring from her boyfriend - doesn't materialize, Gwen decides to go. At first, Gwen approaches the trip as if it's the math homework she assigns her students, diligently checking monuments off her must-see list. But amid the bougainvillea and stunning vistas of southern Italy, something changes. Gwen begins to live in the moment - skipping down stone staircases in Capri, running her fingers over a glacier in view of the Matterhorn, racing through the Louvre, and taste-testing pastries at a Marseilles cafe. Revelling in every new experience - especially her attraction to a charismatic British physics professor - Gwen discovers that the ancient wonders around her are nothing compared to the renaissance unfolding within...
- Tour Dates: December 5 - December 19
- Tour signups will close on October 15
- This book will be available in PRINT format only.
- To sign-up - please leave a comment with your name, e-mail address, blog name, and the date you would like to post your review (check calendar below - first come, first-serve. If a date is already taken, you must pick a different date. Please click the arrow to move over to the correct month as it is set to the current month automatically).
- This tour is open to USA bloggers only.
12/8 -- Tiffany -- A Cozy Readers Corner
12/12 -- Kathleen -- Celtic Lady's Review
12/14 -- Karen -- Practical Frugality
12/15 -- Kristen -- Kritters Ramblings
12/16 -- Meg -- A Bookish Affair
12/18 -- Laurie -- Reader Girls
12/19 -- Lori -- Psychotic State Book Reviews